Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kudos to Ke$ha!

When I'm driving alone in my car, I usually listen to one of the Sirius XM Satellite stations that plays the music from my youth in the 1970s and 1980s. But when I'm chauffeuring my son and his buddies, they prefer the loud dance music and hip hop. I've heard plenty of Ke$ha songs and I have to admit, I've never been blown away with her wild and crazy tunes about partying all the time and brushing her teeth with Jack Daniels and "hittin' on dudes... hard!"

But I just read that Ke$ha (actually, her real name is Kesha Rose Sebert - she's the one who stuck a dollar sign in her name where the 'S' should go, not me) has just been named the Humane Society International's (HSI) first Global Ambassador. In that capacity, she'll be lobbying on behalf of animals. She'll be a voice for the voiceless. One of her first actions will be to encourage her fans to sign petitions to stop animal testing. Right on, Ke$ha!

Smart move, too, on the part of HSI. The organization picked a singer who an reach out to young people like my son, who might otherwise not have much interest in animal welfare issues unless a high-profile celebrity with whom they're familiar speaks out on the topic.

The best part of Ke$ha's acceptance of her job was when she said in a written statement (and I've got to bold this), "I take this opportunity incredibly seriously because we are ALL animals."

We are all animals. Where have I heard that before?

Right on, Ke$ha! Welcome to the movement. As Ke$ha told the press, "One of the main underlying sentiments of my music is to respect all living creatures just as they are."

If more people shared Ke$ha's attitude about animals, the world would be a far saner, more humane place. (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment